Welcome to Brown’s Bytes! Your weekly insight from Mobliciti’s CTO Andy Brown. Follow #brownsbytes
21st December 2018
It seems I spoke too soon… last week wasn’t the last Byte of the year! By the time you read this, I will be having my first Advokaat of the festive season, but through the magic of “getting my homework in early”, we can fit one last message in for 2018…
As mentioned previously, we held our VIEW event in November and a full Exec Summary of the event has been prepared for us now by Martin Veitch. I’ve seen the draft version and it’s a great summary of the topics from the day and provides a great insight into the items likely to be on IT’s agenda in 2019 and beyond.
Key highlights for me include:
- Mobile contract flexibility is becoming key as exponential data usage is anticipated within the life of negotiated deals.
- In the next few years, Windows 10 and mobile management will start to converge, with Microsoft increasingly driving the market.
- Mobile cyberattacks are often focused on the user not the Mobile Operating System (OS) – it’s easier to target a person rather than write code to attack the OS.
- Businesses can struggle to find the time to transform, with IT and mobile teams often not growing but business’ needs are growing
- Mobliciti can help take the pressure off a digital transformation through managed mobile, cloud security and managed wireless
Everyone who attended the event will getting a copy of the full Exec Summary early in the New Year.
If you couldn’t make it but would still like to get a copy, then please do get in touch. I can highly recommend it…
And that really is it from me for 2018! See you on the other side in 2019.